Life at Rhodes Surveying
At Rhodes Surveying family vibes are everything. From the minute you are hired you become part of the Rhodes Family. Your family soon becomes part of our extended family. It is not long before many consider their co-worker’s close friends. This family environment has been one of the main factors in making Rhodes Surveying who we are today. We’re a very tight-knit group. It’s definitely a first-name basis office, and more likely then not you have been given a nickname. And since so many of us have families, everyone here is very thoughtful in making sure families are put first. This is a place where you get to enjoy your job with some really amazing people.
We are looking for an EXPERIENCED Land Surveying Crew Chief who is available to start immediately
$15 – Up to $35/hr! You decide your hourly pay with our bonus program!
- Work Requirements – Strong leadership skills – The ability to pay attention to detail and instructions – Be a Self Starter – Strong communication skills – Thorough knowledge of residential and commercial stakeout procedures and practices. – Ability to perform all aspects of data collected in the field for boundary surveys – Comprehensive knowledge of total station, GPS, and data collection, with the ability to adapt to new equipment and technologies. – Ability to work outside in all seasons
- Job Description:
– Provide day-to-day supervision of assigned survey field crew on quality and surveying, including training – Identify controls for property lines and make the appropriate decisions regarding how to proceed with the survey.
– Gather all necessary information needed to properly conduct the survey in the most time-efficient manner and assign tasks to crew members.
– Discuss work with clients as required.
– Make calculations and maintain records essential to the survey.
– Ensure that the assigned survey truck is properly maintained.
– Maintain and inventory all assigned equipment. – Respond appropriately to all employee performance issues of the assigned survey field crew
– Communicate with management to maximize efforts and working hours.
Rodman/Field Crew Helper
We are looking for field crew helpers who are available to start immediately
Salary Range: $10-$15/hr Depending on experience
- Technically oriented and have good communication skills
- Have construction, utility and land survey knowledge or interest in learning
- Must be accustomed to working outdoors with exposure to all weather conditions
- Perform manual labor, such as cutting brush for lines, carrying stakes, rebar, and other heavy items, and stacking rods.
- Must demonstrate attention to details
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist and help surveyors in performing field surveys.
- Adjust and operate surveying instruments such as prisms, GPS, and total stations
- Position and hold the vertical rods, or targets, that others use for sighting to measure angles, distances, and elevations.
- Conduct surveys to ascertain the locations of natural features and man-made structures on the Earth’s surface, underground, and underwater
- Place and hold measuring tapes when electronic distance-measuring equipment is not used.
- Collect information needed to carry out new surveys using previous survey data, photographs, computer records, and other relevant information.
- Run rods for benches and cross-section elevations.
- Maintain equipment and vehicles used by surveying crews.
How Much Money Do You Want To Make This Week?
With our bonus program, every Crew Chief gets to decide how much their paycheck will be each week! While the ‘pick your own pay’ bonus is exclusive to our very experienced crew chiefs, we also offer our hard-working helpers a bonus of their own.
Laid Back Environment
Company Cell Phone
Smaller Company – Your Hard Work Will Be Recognized, You Will Be Part Of A Family – Not Just Another Number In a Corporation, and You Will Always Be Appreciated
Work Environment Flexibility
Opportunities for promotions or position change
Let’s Work Together
Attach your resume and job application to the form on the right.
Forget all the reasons why it won’t work and believe the one reason why it will.
Inauguration Day – January 20
Valentine’s Day – February 14
Presidents’ Day – February 15
Daylight Savings – March 14
St Patricks Day – March 17